We are looking for a skilled tool and die maker to craft dies and metal tools for our manufacturing facility. In this role, you will be required to interpret design schematics, cut and shape dies, and assemble the completed parts. You will also need to test the performance of the completed product.
To be successful as a machinist, you should have in-depth knowledge of metalwork and engineering, a good eye for detail, and the ability to visualize structural components. A top-class machinist is able to translate ideas into expertly crafted metal forms ready for the manufacturing process.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, design schematics, and CAD drawings.
- Visualizing and computing metal shapes and tolerances.
- Designing jigs and templates as work aids in the fabrication of parts.
- Measuring and marking metal stock for machining.
- Setting up machine tools such as drills, lathes, grinders, and milling machines.
- Cutting and shaping blocks to specified dimensions.
- Filling, grinding, and shimming metals to ensure a smooth finish.
- Fitting and assembling tools and die parts.
- Inspecting finished dies and tools for defects, smoothness, and contour deformities.
- Cleaning and fixing dies, to sharpen or replace details as well as inspecting and assessing damages on dies.
- Doing preventative maintenance on dies
DIE MAINTENANCE Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a similar field / experience will be considered in place of a degree.
- Experience working as a tool and die maker.
- In-depth knowledge of machine tools and their uses.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and design schematics.
- Extensive experience with metalworking tools including drills, milling machines, grinders, and lathes.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and operate large machinery.
- Experience with quality control analysis.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.